Caribou Digital is a research and delivery consultancy dedicated to building ethical, sustainable digital economies.
Collectively we have decades of experience in delivering digital technology projects on the ground in emerging markets and researching the impact of digital platforms on primarily low-income users.
We specialise in the following:
- Understanding digital users and the way digital platforms create new social and cultural digital repertoires
- Understanding digital economies and ecosystems, and the new businesses models within them
- Understanding digital entrepreneurs, and what support and enabling environments they need to succeed
- Understanding digital impact, and developing monitoring & evaluation and learning strategies to assess the impact of programmes
Our research and outputs are all publicly shared under Creative Commons licenses and can be downloaded for free on our Research page.
Our current projects include:
- Running the Digital Financial Services Lab for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, an early-stage incubator that supports high potential entrepreneurs to refine, grow and launch fintech businesses in developing countries to drive digital financial service adoption.
- Supporting the UK Space Agency’s £150m International Partnerships Programme, which uses space expertise to solve challenges in developing countries, with fund management strategy, monitoring and evaluation and technical assistance.
- Working with the MasterCard Foundation as their learning partner for the Next Generation Financial Services investments within their Financial Inclusion work.
- Research Identity in the digital age via user research in India, funded by Omidyar Network.
If you are interested in finding out more about our work, please send us an email.